The cabinet met on 22 July 2022 and made the following key decisions.
1. The cabinet approved the Colombo and Sri Jayawardenepura Town beautification and implementation of landscape development projects.
2. The Cabinet approved renovation and reconstruction of Lumbini Theatre, Colombo – 05.
3. The cabinet approved the Agrahara Insurance Scheme for retired public officers.
4. Cabinet decided to explore the possibility of the state pharmaceutical corporation to manufacture innovative products designed for Covid-19 prevention.
5. Cabinet approval was granted to expand and implement biofertilizer project in collaboration with the department of agriculture.
6. The cabinet approved the extension of the project period for rural bridge project.
7. Cabinet approved tp pay the recommended rent by the provincial assessor for families who were affected by the water leakage in the main tunnel of the Uma Oya Project.
8. The cabinet approved to devise a methodology to compensate for the depositors who lost their money due to irregularities of multi purpose corporative society of Hewagam Korale East.
9. The cabinet approved to extend the completion date of Moragalla Hydro Power Project.
10. The Cabinet approved to transfer the alternative lands provided for the construction of alternative residences for the displaced parties due to the construction of Upper kotmale power plant to the relevant beneficiaries through free grants.
11. The cabinet approved the validity period of the Treasury Bond issued for the import of coal by Lanka Coal Ltd for one year.
12. Cabinet approved the activities of the interim board of Southern Development Board untill the Bill is passed in Parliament.